how to track stock portfolio in google sheets?
Tracking your stock portfolio is a crucial part of being a successful investor. By keeping an up-to-date record…
Tracking your stock portfolio is a crucial part of being a successful investor. By keeping an up-to-date record of your investments, you can make better-informed decisions and take action when necessary to maximize your returns. In this article, we will show you how to use Google Sheets to track your stock portfolio acnd monitor its performance over time.
By using the built-in functions and charting tools in Google Sheets, you can easily stay on top of your investments and make better-informed decisions. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced investor, using a stock portfolio tracking sheet can help you achieve your financial goals.
Steps to track stock portfolio in Google Sheets easily
– Open Google Sheets and create a new sheet.
– In the first row of the sheet, add the following column headers: Stock Symbol, Number of Shares, Purchase Price, Current Price, and Market Value.
– Under the Stock Symbol column, enter the ticker symbols for each of the stocks in your portfolio.
– In the Number of Shares column, enter the number of shares you own for each stock.
– In the Purchase Price column, enter the price at which you purchased each stock.
– In the Current Price column, you can use the GoogleFinance function to automatically pull the current price of each stock. To do this, enter the following formula in the first cell of the Current Price column: =GoogleFinance(“STOCK SYMBOL”,”price”)
– Then, drag the formula down to the rest of the cells in the column to automatically pull the current prices for all of your stocks.
– In the Market Value column, use the following formula to calculate the current market value of each stock: =Number of Shares * Current Price
You can then use the SUM function to calculate the total market value of your entire portfolio. To do this, enter the following formula in a new cell at the bottom of the sheet: =SUM(Market Value column)
Finally, you can use the built-in charting tools in Google Sheets to create a visual representation of your portfolio’s performance over time. To do this, highlight the data in your sheet and then click on the “Insert” tab and select “Chart” from the menu. Choose the type of chart you want to use and customize it to your liking.
In conclusion, using Google Sheets for stock portfolio tracking is a simple and effective way to stay on top of your investments. With its easy-to-use functions and charting tools, you can quickly and easily track the performance of your stocks and your entire portfolio. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced investor, using a stock portfolio tracking sheet can help you make better-informed decisions and achieve your financial goals.
We are Trusted & also featured on
Best Stock Portfolio Tracker
Are you looking to download Online Stock Portfolio Tracker Google Sheet Excel with Template. Get step by step guide around tracking stocks free.
Product SKU: stock_portfolio_tracker_2022
Product Brand: Stockdaddy.io
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 0.1
Price Valid Until: 2024-12-31
Product In-Stock: InStock